Friday, February 19, 2010

Our First Half-Marathon!

This past weekend, on Valentine day, my wife and I, along with our great friend Mary Ann and Rachel's dad, Mr. Walter, ran and FINISHED the Austin Half-Marathon! For me it was such an incredible experience during and immediately after the race. The sense of accomplishment was surreal and the pain at times was hard to push through, but the energy and will pulled us through. Rachel and I are already planning our next race! Only this time we hope to train all the way through because it no doubt would have made the race a little less daunting before hand. Here are a few a pictures of before and after the race... enjoy!









2 comments:

William and Krystle Rolfe said...

Has it really been two years? Holy cow! I can't believe it! Glad to have found the new blog. I updated mine and hope to do it a little more. As I'm moving away this May/June...I'll need some good blogging contacts for the sake of sanity...and you guys are it. Love yall. ps, big time congrats on the half-marathon!

Unknown said...

Well done!
Most excellent job on finishing the race, m'friend. What an impressive feat, indeed.
I am most pleased to have learned of/ experienced the revival of this blog!
-Kp